Steve Jobs het gister (Woensdag 5 Oktober) op 56-jarige ouderdom sy stryd teen pankreaskanker verloor. Die wêreld het inderdaad ‘n visionêr verloor.
Hy inspireer ons met hierdie tipiese Jobs-aanhalings:
1. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
2. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
3. “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. But that’s not what it means at all. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.”
4. “Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
5. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me.”
6. “And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”
7. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
8. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
9. “I’m as proud of what we don’t do as I am of what we do.”
10. “Quality is more important than quantity.”
11. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.”
12. “Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
13. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
Om al die brekende nuus oor Steve Jobs op Twitter te kry, volg die volgende onderwerpe: #iSad, RIP Steve Jobs, #ThankYouSteve, #stevejobs
Watter aanhaling sal jóú bybly?