- 200 g (360 ml) cake flour
- 100 g (110 ml) butter
- 45 ml cold water
Using a food processor, mix flour and butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add water gradually until a dough is formed. Remove and cover pastry in clingfilm. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 180°C. Roll pastry out thinly on a working surface that has been sprinkled with flour.
2. Fold pastry into a square and put in greased or sprayed springform quiche tin.
3. Fold pastry open and press down in tin. Trim pastry with a pair of scissors. About 3 cm or 4 cm of pastry should still be hanging over the edge of the tin.
4. Place baking paper on top and fill with dry beans. Put in warm oven and bake for 15 minutes. This is called baking blind.
5. Take out of oven, and remove beans and paper. Press the excess pastry onto the edge of the tin. Now you can fill the quiche with any of the following fillings.