- 2 sheets (400 g each) flaky pastry
- 200 g soft goat’s milk cheese, cut into wedges
- 1 can small pears, drained
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml cream
- 30 ml chives, finely chopped
- 40 g parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 180 °C. (I used old tins that were my grandma’s, but you can use cupcake tins.) Line the greased tins with flaky pastry. Divide goat’s milk cheese between them and put a little pear on top of each. Beat eggs, cream, chives and parmesan cheese together. Season with salt and black pepper. Pour over tartlets and bake for 25 minutes until cooked through.
Riesling – try Klein Constantia’s.