- 25 ml sunflower oil
- 70 g onions, thinly sliced
- 5 g thyme leaves, stripped off the sprigs
- 10 g garlic, crushed
- 10 curry leaves (available at Woolworths)
- 10 g ginger, crushed
- 160 g tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 g cloves
- 50 g tomato paste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sunflower oil
- 350 g sirloin steak, cubed
- 10 g fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
For the sauce: Heat oil in a pan and sauté onions until soft and translucent. Add thyme, garlic, curry leaves and ginger and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, chili and cloves and sauté for about 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Keep to one side.
For the sirloin: Heat oil in a pan and brown the sirloin cubes until dry. Add sauce. Cook until meat is done. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve with coriander leaves.