- 250 g streaky bacon
- 250 ml sunflower oil
- 4 won ton sheets (optional)
- 4 tortillas
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 250 ml Bulgarian yoghurt
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 200 °C. Put bacon on baking tray and grill until crisp. If using the won ton sheets, heat the olive oil in a small pan. Fry sheets until crisp and drain on kitchen paper. Break into pieces. Heat the tortillas. Put fresh spinach, then bacon, fried won ton pieces and slices of egg on top. Combine ingredients for the sauce. Spoon some sauce over the filling and roll up.
Be adventurous and have a less well-known white cultivar, like Boland Kelder Nouvelle or Van Loveren Pinot Gris.