- 300 ml tomato juice
- 250 ml Bulgarian yoghurt
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1,7 kg deboned leg of lamb, cut into chunks
- 3 peppers (red, green and yellow), cubed
Mix all the ingredients for the marinade. Place cubes of meat in a large bowl and pour marinade over meat. Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Remove meat from marinade and set marinade aside. Thread meat and peppers onto skewers in turn. Heat grill. Use an oven roasting dish with a tray and place kebabs on tray. Baste with a bit of marinade. Place under grill. Grill on both sides while basting every now and then with the marinade. The grilling time depends on how well cooked you want the meat to be.