- 4 deboned chicken breasts, skin removed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 baguette, cut in four and then halved
- big handful of fresh rocket
- about 60 ml mayonnaise
- 8 slices of cheddar
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Rub them with the garlic and pour over the lemon juice. Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the breasts on both sides.
This will take about 20 minutes. Put fresh rocket on one side of each quarter of baguette. Put a chicken breast on top of it and dab with some mayonnaise.
Arrange the cheddar, tomato and onion on top. Cover with the other baguette half.