Tzatziki is traditionally Greek. It can be eaten occasionally with something like curry. It’s also perfect as a salad dressing.
(4 to 6 portions)
- 1 cucumber (250 g), diced
- 250 ml Greek yoghurt
- handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs mint, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- salad leaves of your choice
- 2 green apples, thinly sliced
- juice of 2 lemons
Mix cucumber, yoghurt, dill, garlic and mint. Season well with salt and pepper. Put salad leaves in a large bowl, together with apple slices. Squeeze lemon juice over the salad. Spoon tzatziki over the top and serve immediately.
HINT: You can also grate the cucumber for the tzatziki. Leave the grated cucumber in a sieve over a bowl for 10 minutes, so the excess moisture in the cucumber can run out.