- 20 ml olive oil
- 150 g small carrot cubes (buy frozen)
- 4 small leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (400 g each) chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 cans (400 g each) borlotti beans, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 50 g pecorino cheese, grated
Heat olive oil in a deep pot. Add carrots and leeks. Fry for about 2 minutes. Add rest of ingredients (except cheese) and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender. Use a potato masher and mash soup a bit so that the beans can thicken it. Serve with grated pecorino cheese.
Tip: If you feel like a bit of meat, you can add a smoked kassler chop, cubed, with the carrots and leeks.