- 6 medium Mediterranean potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 2 brinjals, cut into large slices
- 1 onion, cut into large slices
- 500 g tamato purée
- 100 ml olive oil
- About 6 fresh sprigs of thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 250 g tomatoes on the vine
Preheat oven to 180 °C. Put all the vegetables (except tomatoes) in an oven roasting dish. Pour over the tomato purée and olive oil. Put thyme on top. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover dish with tin foil and roast for 1 hour. Take out, remove tin foil and roast for another 30 minutes. Put tomatoes on top and roast for about 15 minutes until tomatoes start to burst. You can serve the dish hot or at room temperature.
There are so many different flavours in this dish, your wine shouldn’t overwhelm them. Try a young, light red wine.