- 250 g (445 ml) cake flour
- 250 g (445 ml) bread flour
- 1 sachet (10 g) instant yeast
- 5 ml sugar
- 2 ml salt
- about 375 ml lukewarm water
Mix cake flour, bread flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Add enough lukewarm water to form a dough. It mustn’t be too stiff. Knead for 10 minutes on a floured surface. Put dough in a clean mixing bowl and coat in a little olive oil. Cover with cling wrap and keep in a warm place. Allow dough to double in volume. This can take upwards of an hour. Knock down the dough and quarter. Roll 4 circles, about 3 mm thick. Heat a griddle pan and fry each circle on both sides until cooked through.
- 1 bottle (300 g) onion marmalade
- 2 Forelle pears, cut into wedges
- 150 g blue cheese or 125 g brie, cut into wedges or cubes
- big handful fresh rocket
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- olive oil for sprinkling
Spread a nice thick layer of onion marmalade on each pizza base. Arrange pears and cheese on top and sprinkle with rocket. Season with black pepper and sprinkle with olive oil.
Groot Constantia Sauvignon Blanc